The Multi-Faith Veteran Initiative, housed at DePaul University’s Egan Office for Urban Education & Community Partnerships (UECP) at the Steans Center, works in partnership with communities to develop an extended reach of support to improve the quality of life for Veterans and Veteran Families.
The Project seeks to:
- Integrate faith-based organizations and houses of worship into local networks of social service providers.
- Raise awareness about community resources for Veterans and their families
- Equip train and support those who are actively involved with faith-based and community – based organizations, to assist them in broadening the spectrum of local services for Veterans and their families within their respective communities.
- Promote the active role of Veterans as valuable community assets.
- Contribute to maximizing the use of resources and services currently available for Veterans and their families.
Community Partners & Staff
A Just Harvest
Jesus Name Apostolic Church
JIC Community Development Corporation
Arthur Lockhart Resource Institute
Mt. Carmel Baptist Church
Church of the Good Shepherd
Atonement Covenant Church
Triedstone Church of Chicago
Christ Universal Temple
For additional information contact: