Multi-Faith Veteran Initiative (MVI)
The Multi-Faith Veteran Initiative, housed at DePaul University’s Egan Office for Urban Education & Community Partnerships (UECP) at the Steans Center, works in partnership with communities to develop an extended reach of support to improve the quality of life for Veterans and Veteran Families.
The Project seeks to:
● Integrate faith-based organizations and houses of worship into local networks of social service providers.
● Raise awareness about community resources for Veterans and their families
● Equip train and support those who are actively involved with faith-based and community – based organizations, to assist them in broadening the spectrum of local services for Veterans and their families within their respective communities.
● Promote the active role of Veterans as valuable community assets.
● Contribute to maximizing the use of resources and services currently available for Veterans and their families.
North Site- A Just Harvest
7649 N Paulina St, Chicago, IL 60626
Community Veteran Coordinator: Laurence Smith
Mt. Carmel Missionary Baptist Church
Church of The Good Shepherd UCC
Community Veteran Coordinator: Jason Glanz
West Site-Arthur Lockhart Resource Institute
4941 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60651
Executive Director: Dr. Elizabeth Lockhart
For additional information contact: