- Work in Chicago-based community organizations and schools off campus
- Work 15 hours per week
- Earn up to $13 per hour
- Gain valuable PAID professional development
- A DePaul graduate or undergraduate student?
- Federal Work-Study eligible?
- Willing to work off campus?
- Available to work 15 hours per week?
The Community Partner Internship places Federal Work-Study eligible DePaul students at partner organizations throughout the Chicago area. The program aims to provide students with first-hand experience and application in the nonprofit sector. In addition it strengthens partnerships with community based organizations that have a consistent record of successfully partnering with the Steans Center. Internships are year-long, with positions ranging from an administrative role, adult literacy (ESL), youth development, or marketing/public relations within a community organization.
The following are paid year-long internship opportunities currently available through the CPI program:
Erie Neighborhood House
- Project Vida
- Centro Romero
- Chicago Commons
- Telpochcali Community Education Project
- Chicago Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression
- La Casa Norte
- Northwest Side Housing Center
- Mil Mujeres
- Work 15 hours a week
- Be federal work study eligible
- Attend paid monthly professional development/reflection sessions
- Be willing to travel (positions located off campus)
- Meet the qualifications/requirements outlined in the respective job descriptions for the organization.
Please visit the Student Job Board and find the position titled Community Partners Internship (CPI) Intern.
For more information, please contact CPI Program Assistant Jasmine Dash.