- Work in Chicago-based community organizations and schools off campus
- Work 15 hours per week
- Earn up to $15 per hour
- Gain valuable PAID professional development
- A DePaul graduate or undergraduate student?
- Federal Work-Study eligible?
- Willing to work off campus?
- Available to work 15 hours per week?
The Community Partner Internship places Federal Work-Study eligible DePaul students at partner organizations throughout the Chicago area. The program aims to provide students with first-hand experience and application in the nonprofit sector. In addition it strengthens partnerships with community based organizations that have a consistent record of successfully partnering with the Steans Center. Internships are year-long, with positions ranging from an administrative role, adult literacy (ESL), youth development, or marketing/public relations within a community organization.
The following are paid year-long internship opportunities currently available through the CPI program:
Erie Neighborhood House
- Project Vida
- Centro Romero
- Chicago Commons
- Telpochcali Community Education Project
- Chicago Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression
- La Casa Norte
- Northwest Side Housing Center
- Work 15 hours a week
- Be federal work study eligible
- Attend paid monthly professional development/reflection sessions
- Be willing to travel (positions located off campus)
- Meet the qualifications/requirements outlined in the respective job descriptions for the organization.
Please visit the Student Job Board and find the position titled Community Partners Internship (CPI) Intern.