Commencement > For Students

For Students

Apply to Graduate ​

​Degree Conferral

Applying for degree conferral is the completion of your academic requirements and the awarding of your degree. In order to receive your diploma you must first apply for degree conferral in Campus Connect.

​Students who complete their degree requirements between Autumn Quarter 2021 and Summer Session II 2022 are considered part of the Class of 2022 and may be eligible to participate on their ceremony. Students should contact their college advisor to confirm their status.​​

College of Law students, please refer to the College of Law​ ceremony page for eligibility information.

For deadline dates and more information on how to apply please follow the instructions available on the Graduate's Checklist, on the left menu. For further questions please contact DePaul Central at (312) 362-8610 or​

RSVP for Commencement

The deadline to RSVP for the June Ceremonies via Campus Connect has now passed. Students who did not RSVP will need to contact their home colleges for assistance with the RSVP process. Please email your college, using the list below. We ask for your patience on response time as staff are assisting many students.  
​College of Law students, please refer to the College of Law​ page for RSVP information for your ceremony.

Participating in the commencement ceremony is optional and does not equate to degree completion. In some cases, students may be eligible to walk in the ceremony before completing all academic requirements. It is a student's responsibility to review their Degree Progress Report to ensure they are on track to complete the requirements and verify their completion term. Students may apply for degree conferral in Campus Connect; please be aware that submitting an online application does not guarantee a degree will be granted from DePaul University. Additionally, regardless of participation at commencement, students will not receive a diploma until all outstanding financial obligations have been fulfilled. Students should contact their Academic Advisors and DePaul Central with questions.