Level I Winter Quarter 2020 Dates: January 13 - March 22
Application deadline: Friday, January 3, 2020
Level I Application
The lessons learned in this program are unique and dive deeper
into self-reflection than any other course I have ever taken.
My development skills evolved during these last weeks
and it was noticed by my mentor and my staff. Thank you!
- Autumn 2017 participant
The Values-centered Leadership Certificate is a 10-week, non-credit course in leadership development. Participating in a supportive online learning community, you will explore universal values, principles and practices to help ground and improve your leadership skills. Those who successfully engage in all elements of the course will receive a certificate of participation.
Who Will Benefit
- Individuals in private or public, for-profit or nonprofit (NGO) organizations
- Ministers, advisors, counselors and team leaders (anyone who mentors and coordinates others)
- Individuals who aspire to improve their organizations informed by mission and values
- All who believe that learning can transform when it happens from the inside out
Learning Requirements and Outcomes
- Take a careful look at your own strengths and areas for growth
- Explore new models and tools for creating positive relationships with others
- Improve your effectiveness in dealing with others personally and professionally
- Develop a personal action plan to identify steps toward continued leadership development
In response to surveys, past participants reported the following results:
- 99% gained an increased understanding of VCL concepts and practices
- 89% could apply their new knowledge and leadership skills right away
Additionally, past participants reported being helped in the following ways:
- 93% increased awareness of their strengths and growth areas
- 75% improved their communication skills
- 73% improved their conflict management skills
- 65% improved their ability to handle diversity in the workplace
- Creating a Cooperative Learning Community
- Organizational Leadership Challenges
- Contemporary Values-based Models
- Diversity and Multi-cultural Issues
- Growing Ethical Leaders from Inside Out
- Making Time and Energy Work for You
- Applying Multiple Intelligences in Leadership
- Leadership Coaching: Principles and Practice
- Managing Conflicting Values
- Creating Your Leadership Action Plan
This ten-week course has honestly been on of the best (of many!) leadership development courses that I have ever taken. I have learned a plethora of new ideas. The weekly method practices are a great self-reflection tool, and I will put many of them to further use in my professional career. I will highly recommend this course to colleagues and acquaintances. Great course! - Spring 2019 participant
- $95 individual and corporate rate.
- $75 for all Vincentian and other non-profits. Group rates also available.
- Free to international participants.
- Scholarships with application up to one-half the $95 individual rate.
Level I Application
Domestic Policies and Fees
International Policies and Fees