The Teaching Commons is proudly brought to you by the DePaul University Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL), together with its partners. CTL promotes excellence in instruction across the university so as to enhance students' learning. Together, CTL staff provide guidance in innovative instructional methods, effective use of educational technology, and assessment of student learning in line with accreditation expectations.
CTL provides the following key services in support of this mission:
- Promotion of teaching and learning resources, best practices, and scholarship
- Faculty development via mentorship, events, training programs, and workshops
- Instructional design consultations and course-design assistance
- Support for online, hybrid, and technology-enhanced instruction and online program development
- Support for assessment of curriculum and student learning throughout the university
- Supplemental instruction for students