BlueStar in Campus Connect is intended to improve the way we work across colleges and allow us to help many more students be successful at DePaul.
The implementation of BlueStar was inspired by DePaul’s strategic goal to focus the entire university community on student learning and success as outlined in the Vision 2018 strategic plan. It also supports Foundations for Success, DePaul’s Quality Initiative undertaken as part of the reaccreditation process approved by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
How does BlueStar help students succeed?
- Offers easy access through DePaul’s online portal Campus Connect.
- Enables instructors and advisors to send alerts if there are concerns about academic performance, “kudos” to acknowledge good performance, and referrals to additional support services.
- Enables online appointment scheduling with instructors, advisors and support service offices who may schedule through BlueStar.
- Provides students with a view of their “Success Network” in one place—includes information about current instructors and advisors.
- Includes a list of all student support offices that can help students.
Note: You can access BlueStar through Campus Connect: Main Menu > Self-Service > BlueStar.
BlueStar also provides easy-to-complete Progress Surveys. Twice a quarter, instructors will receive a “Progress Survey” to raise flags and/or kudos for students who need them. Learn how to respond to the progress surveys.
- Beginning of the quarter: This survey will ask instructors to verify that each student has begun attending the class, whether online or face-to-face. This survey replaces the Attendance Verification Process and enables DePaul to comply with federal financial aid regulations.
- Mid-way through the quarter: This survey replaces the Academic Progress Report and asks instructors to raise flags and/or "kudos" for any student who may need extra attention.
Both the attendance verification and the academic progress surveys are accessed the same way:
- You will receive an email announcing that they survey is available.
- Within that email, click on the link “Click here to access your BlueStar Attendance/Participation Verification (or Academic Progress) Survey”.
- You will be asked to provide your Campus Connect credentials. Once you log in, you will arrive at your BlueStar homepage.
- At the top of the homepage, you will see links to “Outstanding Surveys” for each of your courses.
- Click on the survey link for each course and complete the survey(s).
Did you know? BlueStar is one part of a larger effort aimed at improving student learning and success, the first objective of Vision 2018.