Where personal discovery, connections and support lead to rewarding outcomes
At the DePaul University Career Center, we believe the path to your successful future starts with you. By helping you understand and shape your passions, interests and skills, we connect you with majors, internships, jobs and opportunities so that you can take on Chicago—and the world—with vigor, knowledge and preparation.
The DePaul Career Center inspires excitement about the future and empowers DePaul students to own and shape their personal and professional journeys.
The DePaul Career Center helps students build confidence, explore possibilities, and develop a powerful personal brand. We leverage our relationships with employers, alumni, faculty and staff to facilitate meaningful experiences, mentoring connections and partnerships that position students for success in their careers and their communities.
What We Believe
In the DePaul Career Center:
- We believe in DePaul students and alumni and in their potential to have successful, fulfilling careers.
- We believe a DePaul education provides students with the knowledge, skills and experiences to succeed in a continually changing workplace.
- We believe success is individually defined, and exploring purpose plays a role in determining what success looks like.
- We believe there are many career options that align with a student’s interests, skills, personality and values; major does not have to equal career.
- We believe career exploration can be inspiring and fun and that it’s never too early to begin exploring.
- We believe there is no “right” place to start; we help students at every stage of their journey.
- We believe preparing career-ready students requires an integrated effort with faculty, staff and other campus partners.
- We believe our employers are essential partners who provide meaningful experiences, industry knowledge that can inform curriculum, and vital connections to the communities in which our students and alumni live and work.
Strategic Focus Areas
In support of our vision and mission, we commit to the following:
- Integrating career into the campus ecosystem
- Developing a holistic model for delivering quality career education and experiences
- Collecting rich, relevant data that help inform strategy and create compelling stories to demonstrate impact
- Defining and building career readiness
- Engaging employers and alumni to provide meaningful experiences, mentoring connections and industry knowledge