The Handshake platform was designed to help connect students to their dream career. Handshake is a robust career platform exclusively for the DePaul community. The platform offers access to jobs and internships, career planning resources, career-related event information, and scheduling capabilities with a career advisor or for an on-campus interview. Students, graduates and alumni can also get the scoop on an employer they've been eyeballing or get in contact with a Career Center representative.
Handshakeis your career connection resource, allowing you to:
- Schedule advising appointments
- Find employment opportunities based on your interests
- Discover when employers will be on campus
- Connect with DePaul students and potential employers
- Register for events and programs in your field of interest
It's easy to get started. Every enrolled DePaul student has an account on Handshake.
- Login at depaul.joinhandshake.com with your Campus Connect credentials.
- Complete your profile to tailor the platform to your interests and experience. Set your preferences for the types of jobs and locations you’re interested in, so Handshake finds and shows the right opportunities for you. You can update your preferences as often as you want, as your experience grows, or your focus area and interests change.
- Be sure to scroll down to Career Communities (under "Where are you interested in living?) and select which communities fit your interests.
DePaul University does not endorse or recommend employers, and a job posting does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. The university explicitly makes no representations or guarantees about job listings or the accuracy of the information provided by the employer. While DePaul University works hard to ensure high-quality opportunities for our students through Handshake approval processes, the university is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspect of off-campus employment without limitation. It is the responsibility of students to perform due diligence in researching employers when applying for or accepting private, off-campus employment and to thoroughly research the facts and reputation of each organization to which they are applying. Students should be prudent and use common sense and caution when applying for or accepting any position.
If you have any questions or issues, please reference the Handshake Help Center or email us at email@example.com.
From the Career Library