Teaching Commons > Teaching at DePaul >
SoTL Grant Recipients
Use the following drop-down items to view past SoTL Grant recipients' projects.
For 2017-2018, the following faculty and staff's proposals were reviewed and selected by the Society of Saint Vincent DePaul Professors' SoTL Committee:
- William Baglia & Kendra Knight (Communication), Student Integration and Communication Apprehension in the Classroom: A Mixed-Methods Approach. $1,750 funded.
- Li Jin (Modern Languages) and Jason Schneider (Writing, Rhetoric & Discourse), Teaching Beyond the Classroom: Faculty Perceptions of the Global Classroom. $1,250 funded.
- Elizabeth Moxley and Larry Maturin (Nursing), Glycemic Management and Insulin Therapy in Diabetes: An Evaluation of Student Understanding and Confidence in a Didactic Setting. $500 funded.
- Gonzalo Obellerio, Jason Goulah & Nozomi Inukai (Education), Faculty Collaboration for Program Curricular Coherence. $500 funded.
- Randi Singer (Science & Health), Nursing Student Taught Health Education Curriculum: Assessing How an 8 Week Health Curriculum Taught by Nursing Students Impacts the Knowledge, Attitudes, and Intended Behaviors of 6th graders at San Miguel School. $1,250 funded.
- Terry Vaughan III (Mitchem Fellows), Embracing Student-Centered Learning: Using Asynchronous Technology within a Co-Curricular Program. $1,250 funded.
- Kashica Webber-Ritchey, Donna Badowski & Elisabeth Ramos-Torrescano (Nursing), Impact of Video-Recorded Practice of Advanced Physical Assessment Skills with Peer Feedback in Distance Education among RN to MS Students. $1,750 funded.
For 2016-2017, the two SoTL grant recipients (PIs) were Molly Andolina (Political Science) and Antonieta S. Fitzpatrick (New Student and Family Engagement). Each of the two projects received funding for $2,500. Proposals were reviewed and selected by the Society of Vincent DePaul Professors SoTL committee. The following documentation is available for download:
For 2015-2016, the two SoTL grant recipients (PIs) were Mary Bridget Kustuschand (Physics) and Karen Larimer (Nursing). Each of the two projects received funding for $2,500. Proposals were reviewed and selected by the Society of Vincent DePaul Professors SoTL committee. The following documentation is available for download:
The 2014-15 SoTL grant recipients were Amanda Gaddam (LASS) and Scott Tharp (Student Affairs). Their two proposals (totalling $4,190) were selected by the Society of Vincent dePaul Professors, who reviewed a total of 11 submissions this year.
The following documentation is available for download: