The Internship Plu$ program was established to support DePaul University students
participating in unpaid internships that demonstrate financial need. This program awards up to
$2500 in financial assistance to eligible undergraduate students working in a quarter-long
All awards are issued as scholarships to the student's tuition account. They are treated as
financial aid. Please speak with Student Accounts to confirm what impact this will have on your
tuition account and how money will be disbursed if there are no current tuition charges.
To be considered for Internship Plu$ for Winter 2020, students must submit their application
no later than the deadline stated below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with
scholarships being awarded up to the end of the application process (or until all funds are
||November 4, 2019
||December 1, 2019
To apply for this program, please search for the application on DePaul Scholarship Connect.
Am I eligible for Internship Plu$?
In order to be eligible for this award, the following requirements must be met:
- Must be a current full-time undergraduate student. For summer awards, students must be enrolled full-time during the quarter following their internship.
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5/4.0.
- The student will be working in an unpaid internship for a minimum of 100 hours over the course of the academic term.
- The student is not receiving any other scholarships/awards for this unpaid internship opportunity.
- The student demonstrates an understanding of their internship role and organization and have articulated the value of this internship experience within their application.
- The student demonstrates financial need.
What are the application requirements?
The application will include questions regarding your unpaid internship opportunity – or the
internship you are considering. You will be asked to include detailed information of your
internship from the start and end dates, your anticipated responsibilities, and how many hours
you will be working at your internship.
There are 5 essay questions that will ask you to discuss how you have prepared for this
internship, what you hope to do and learn at your internship, and how this experience will aid
towards your personal, academic, and career goals.
Lastly, the application includes a series of questions related to your finances and budget.
Specifically, you will be asked to share a detailed description of how you intend to use the
award. We will also ask for you to include a breakdown of costs associated with working at your
unpaid internship. Award amounts vary from $500-$2500 based on the budget you provide.
How important are the essay questions?
These are some of the most important pieces of your application. Your reflective and
professional response is encouraged. Be sure to provide details and examples.
What are the post-award requirements?
At the conclusion of your internship, award recipients must submit a blog post reflecting on their
experience (prompts to be provided by the Career Center) and provide 2-3 photos of
themselves “in-action” at their summer internship. These blog posts and photos will be used by
The Career Center for marketing of Internship Plu$.