For use of the DePaul University Career Center and Office of Student Employment Services
The DePaul University Career Center is committed to complying with the ethical standards of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) and expects students, alumni and employers to be honest and professional in the internship and job search process.
All users who choose to participate in Career Center and Office of Student Employment services must abide by the following agreement. By logging into the Career Center’s online systems, Handshake and Campus Job Board, you are indicating that you will adhere to the following standards:
- Provide accurate and honest information on my profile, resume, and job search documents and in my interactions with employers. Examples include but are not limited to GPA, major and student status.
Any information provided and all usage of my account will accurately reflect my identity.
- Be responsible for selecting an internship or job position. I understand that although the Career Center reviews postings, the posting of an internship or job on this site does not mean that the Career Center is making any recommendation, representations or guarantees regarding the internship or job. I also understand I am responsible for requesting additional information from a potential internship site or employer as necessary to make my employment decisions.
- Keep ALL interview appointments with employers or notify employers and the Career Center in advance of any emergency requiring me to cancel my commitment. I understand that I must cancel or reschedule interviews in advance. I understand that late cancellations require an apology email or phone call to the employer, and that the Career Center must be copied or notified.
On-Campus Interviewing Policies
I understand that if I do not keep my scheduled interview and do not notify the Career Center in advance, I am considered a “no-show”. I understand that in the event of a “no-show”, I cannot interview or access job openings via Handshake until I meet with a member of the Employer and Internship Development Team or send an apology email or phone call to the employer on which the Career Center is copied or otherwise notified. I understand that if I “no-show” two times, I will lose my access to Handshake.
- Accept interviews with employers in which I have a sincere interest and prepare for each professionally knowing that I represent both myself and DePaul University.
- Honor my acceptance of an internship or job offer. Once I accept an offer, I will withdraw from consideration for other opportunities and discontinue my job search. I will advise the Career Center staff of any extenuating circumstances that may cause me to re-evaluate my internship/job acceptance before notifying the employer.
- Conduct myself in accordance with all University policies and procedures. I understand that my conduct, both in-person and on-line, must comply with all University policies and procedures.
- Keep appointments made with the Career Center advising staff and Alumni Sharing Knowledge (ASK) mentors and inform them if I cannot keep my commitment for any reason.
- Accept the consequences of losing Career Center and Office of Student Employment privileges if I do not comply with the student agreement. I understand that some violations of this User Agreement may also violate other University policies, including the Code of Student Responsibility. In some instances, violations of this User Agreement will be referred to appropriate University offices for further follow-up.
The DePaul University Career Center encourages you to notify the Employer Relations staff at (312) 362-5201 if you perceive any violations of ethical conduct on the part of employers. We appreciate you joining us in committing to the highest standards of ethical behavior relating to the internship or job search process.