Think Strategically. Save Frequently. Optimize. Mobile First.
For a consistent and optimal user experience, keep the following things in mind for your website:
- Upload web-optimized images: images should be between 800px - 1600px wide, and optimized at 72dpi (no larger than 1900px wide, or 400k file size)
- Horizontal-oriented (landscape) or square images are better than vertical images because they take up less space on vertical phone screens and allow visitors to see more content
- Menus collapse at mobile views, so refrain from using language that references navigation being to the left
- Think frequently about how your site will appear at mobile viewports. Shrink and expand the width of your browser window to see how your content responds
- Web Parts are fun, but should be used only when they enhance the content or experience
- Please do not add supplementary degree requirement information in a college's Academics section: we stick to sharing catalog info only, so that it remains the single source
- In-line styles such as different fonts or colors are severely discouraged. Please keep ADA guidelines and university-wide consistency in mind by clearing text formatting and utilizing the Markup Styles menu
- When creating a new page, use only lowercase letters in the page name and dashes between words (no spaces). Do not use special characters such as parentheses or ampersands. You will customize the Nav Title and Header in the page layout
- Before creating a new page, think strategically about the content and its purpose
- Consult the university style guide to ensure all web content adheres to it
- Save work frequently while editing and be sure to check in pages when you are done editing them so that you're not locking out other editors
- Double check that documents are published, as unpublished documents will not open for site viewers
When you need help or have a question, reference this site first. If you still have questions, put in a TSC Ticket.