Teaching assistants in D2L have the same permissions as instructors. There are a few other things to also keep in mind about teaching assistants:
- Instructors can add a teaching assistant to their class, but they cannot remove one. To remove a teaching assistant, complete the Remove User request form.
- The CDM Grader role is identical to Teaching Assistant, but is invisible to students and instructors in the classlist.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance finding someone in D2L who you want to add to your course as a teaching assistant.
Adding a Teaching Assistant to the Classlist
- Go to Classlist.
- Select the Add Participants button.
- Choose Add Existing Users from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the ID number of the user you are adding to your course
- Select the magnifying glass icon to search for the user.
- Select the checkbox next to the user's name.
- Choose Teaching Assistant from the "Select Role" dropdown menu.
- Choose the section from the "Select Section" menu. If there is more than one section within the course, enrolling a user in one section will allow them access to all sections of the course.
- Select Enroll Selected Users.
- Select the Done button.