To get started, go to D2L (d2l.depaul.edu), and log in with your Campus Connection user credentials. Once you’re logged in, go to the course in which you want to add VoiceThread, then follow th e steps below.
- Click Content in the course navigation bar.
- Open the module or submodule in which you want to add a link to
- Add a VoiceThread link by (a) clicking the Add Existing Activities button and selecting External Learning Tools from the drop-down menu, then (b) selecting VoiceThread on the list of available external learning tools.
- Click the new VoiceThread topic you just added. A list of set-up options will be displayed.
- Select what will be displayed when students visit the VoiceThread topic:
- Cou rse V iew (A): This will display all VoiceThreads that have been shared with your course.
- Individual VT (B): This view will show a single VoiceThread of your choosing. You’ll need to select the individual VoiceThread, then click the Share with Class button on the bottom-right side of the window to fully set up this display option.
- VT Home (C): This will display the VoiceThread home page.
We recommend that you select either the Course View or Individual VT option, since the VT Home option will list every VoiceThread for which you have access, including ones from other courses.
Once you’ve selected a display option, the pop-up window will close, and your VoiceThread link will now be active in your course’s Content area. You can change its name it to something more specific if you’d like; see Creating Links in the Content Area for instructions.
NOTE: Once you select a view option for your VoiceThread, you will not be able to change it to another one. Instead, you will need to remove the topic and start over.
If you're using VoiceThread for the first time, you'll want to create an identity for yourself. View the Creating an Identity in VoiceThread guide more information.
If you're setting up a link to a course view of VoiceThread, you'll want to make sure that you've shared your VoiceThread presentations with the course's group. View the Sharing your VoiceThread guide more information.