Teaching Commons > Teaching Guides > Technology > Desire2Learn > Tools > VoiceThread >
Adding VoiceThread to your Course Site in D2L
Add VoiceThreads to a D2L course by pointing to existing VoiceThreads or by creating new VoiceThreads.
Add VoiceThread to a Course
- Select Content in the course navigation bar.
- Select the module where a VoiceThread should be added.
- Select the Add Existing Activities.
- A dropdown menu will appear. Select VoiceThread.
- A pop-up window will open. Select VoiceThread.
- The pop-up window will close. The VoiceThread link has been added to the module.
- Select the new VoiceThread link.
- A VoiceThread Setup page opens. with buttons for Course View, Individual VT, and Home.
- To select what will be displayed to users, select Course View, Individual VT, or Home.
- Course View: This will display all VoiceThreads that can be shared with the course.
- Select Course View.
- A success message will appear.
- Select Refresh.
- All VoiceThreads will be displayed. At this point no VoiceThreads are shared with the class.
- Share one or more VoiceThreads with the class by following the steps in the Sharing your VoiceThread guide.
- Individual VT: This will display one VoiceThread.
- Select Individual VT.
- A window of available VoiceThreads opens. Select the VoiceThread to be shared [A].
- On the right side of the VoiceThread view, scroll until you see the Share with Class button.
- Select Share with Class [B].
- A confirmation message appears.
- VT Home: This will display the VoiceThread home page. This option is not recommended, since the VT Home option will list every VoiceThread for which users have access, including ones from other courses.
Once a display option has been selected, the VoiceThread window will close, and the VoiceThread link will now be active in the course’s Content area. Once a selection is made it cannot be modified. To undo a selection, delete the link, and repeat steps 1-8 to replace the link. The link title can be modified to something more specific; see Creating Links in the Content Area for more information.
If setting up a link to VoiceThread Course View, confirm that the VoiceThread presentations have been shared with the course's group. View the Sharing your VoiceThread Guide more information.
For next steps on creating a new VoiceThread, see Creating a VoiceThread.