Creating a VoiceThread presentation is a three-step process: add media, add comments, and share your presentation with your class. We also recommend that you make changes to your VoiceThread's playback settings depending on how others will interact with it (see the Playback Settings section below.)
The video below provides an introduction to adding media and comments to a VoiceThread presentation. VoiceThread has additional videos on creating presentations on their Support page.
Adjust your VoiceThread's Playback Settings
Once you've added media and comments to your VoiceThread, we recommend that you make changes to its default playback settings.
- Click the (A) Options link on the top right side of the screen, then click the (B) Playback Settings option on the dropdown menu that opens. A window will open that displays all of your VoiceThread's playback settings options.
- Change your VoiceThread's playback settings depending on its purpose:
Click the Save button at the bottom of the window. It will close, and your new playback settings will be active whenever your VoiceThread presentation is played.
- If your VoiceThread is being used for a discussion, leave the "Enable Threaded Commenting" box selected.
- If your VoiceThread is being used as a presentation, select the "Automatically advance to the next slide after __ seconds box" and enter a number in the text box. (This is the number of seconds between when your comment ends and your presentation advances to the next slide. For fast-moving presentations, we recommend that you enter 0.)
- If you do not want students to be able to download the original presentation slides, de-select the "Allow others to download original media". This option allows students to download the PowerPoint file only, not any narrations.
- For all VoiceThreads, de-select the "Allow others to export" boxes to protect the privacy of your content. This option allows viewers rights to not only the PowerPoint file, but also the narrations.
NOTE: Detailed information on each playback setting option is available on VoiceThread's website.
Once you've created your VoiceThread presentation, you'll want to share it with the group for your class. View the Sharing your VoiceThread guide for more information.