When students submit files to a Submission folder, it is possible to download all of the submitted files students at once, add feedback to the files, then re-zip the files and upload them back into to the Submission folder. D2L provides the files with a unique name so that they can be redistributed to the correct students when they are reloaded to the folder.
Download all Files from a Submission Folder
- Select Submissions in the course navigation bar.
- The Submission Folders page will open.
- Select the name of the folder containing the files to be downloaded.
- The Folder Submissions page for that folder will open.
- Select the Submissions tab.
- Select the checkbox above the list of students [A] to select all of the students' files.
NOTE: Select individual files (instead of all the files) by simply checking the box next to the file name.
- Select the Download link located above the list[B].
- A pop-up window that shows the progress of the files downloading will open.
- A link to a .zip file will be displayed when the download is complete [A].
- Select the link to the .zip file, and save the file to the computer.
- Select the Close button after the .zip file is downloaded to close the pop-up window.
- Find the downloaded Zip file on the computer.
- Unzip the file .
- Add comments to files individually, as desired, saving each.
Note: Be sure not to change the names of the files. D2L uses the code in the file name to return it to the student who submitted it.
Return Student Files with Feedback to a Submission Folder
After having unzipped the bulk download of submission files, and after grading is complete, the edited files must be re-zipped and upload back into the course.
- Re-zip the folder containing the students files which have the feedback added.
Note: If for any reason a file is unable to be automatically re-associated with a student, D2L will display a prompt to select the student. By selecting the gray arrow adjacent to the filename, a list of students will be displayed. Select the name of the appropriate student to make the association.
- Go to the Submission folder to which the students had submitted their files originally and select the submission folder name.
- Select the Add Feedback Files tab.
- A pop-up windows titled "Add Feedback Files" will open.
- In the pop-up window select the Upload button.
- Navigate to the zip file and select the file.
- Select the Add button. The files will be uploaded and redistributed to the appropriate students.
Feedback will not be published to students immediately, students must be individually evaluted in order to enter a score. It is also possible to leave general feedback directly in the Submission folder. See the Grading Submissions guide for more information.