Dropbox folders allow students to submit assignments to you through your course site. You can set up dropbox folders to accept files submitted by individual students or a group of students.
Any member of a group can submit and view files in a group dropbox folder. Also, when you grade the file(s) submitted to a group dropbox, D2L automatically transfers the same score and feedback to all of the students in the group to the Grades area.
- Click Dropbox in your course navigation bar. The dropbox folders page will open.
- Click the New Folder button.
- Enter the title of the dropbox folder in the Name field.
- Choose a folder type:
Associate the dropbox folder with a grade item (optional):
- Individual submission folder (default option): Leave this option selected if you want students to submit assignments individually.
- Group submission folder: Select this option if you want students to submit an assignment as a group. (See the Creating Groups guide for more information on setting up groups in D2L.)
Enter the maximum number of points the assignment can
earn in the “Out of” field (optional but recommended; see the note below).
Add instructions for the assignment in the Instructions textbox (optional).
Click the Add a File button to attach a file to your dropbox folder (optional).
Click the Save and Close button at the bottom of the page.
- If you have already created a grade item for this assignment, select it from the Grade Item dropdown menu.
- If you have not created a grade item for this assignment yet, click the New Grade Item link. In the pop-up window that opens, enter a name for the grade item and the value for maximum score possible for the assignment in the Out Of field, then click Save.
By default, a new dropbox is visible and accessible throughout the course. You can control access by setting start and end dates its through the Restrictions settings. See the Managing Dropbox Access
guide for more information.