Submission folders allow students to submit assignments to you through your course site. You can set up Submission folders to accept files submitted by individual students or a group of students.
Any member of a group can submit and view files in a group submission folder. Also, when you grade the file(s) submitted to a group submission folder, D2L automatically transfers the same score and feedback to all of the students in the group to the Grades area.
- Click Submissions in your course navigation bar. The submission folders page will open.
- Click the New Folder button.
- Enter the title of the folder in the Name field.
- Choose a folder type:
Associate the folder with a grade item (optional):
- Individual submission folder (default option): Leave this option selected if you want students to submit assignments individually.
- Group submission folder: Select this option if you want students to submit an assignment as a group. (See the Creating Groups guide for more information on setting up groups in D2L.)
Enter the maximum number of points the assignment can
earn in the “Out of” field (optional but recommended; see the note below).
If you would like to receive an email notification each time a file is submitted to your folder, enter your email in the "Notification Email" box at the bottom of the page (optional; only recommended for rolling date submission folders with no due dates).
Add instructions for the assignment in the Instructions textbox (optional).
Click the Add a File button to attach a file to your submission folder (optional).
Click the Save and Close button at the bottom of the page.
- If you have already created a grade item for this assignment, select it from the Grade Item dropdown menu.
- If you have not created a grade item for this assignment yet, click the New Grade Item link. In the pop-up window that opens, enter a name for the grade item and the value for maximum score possible for the assignment in the Out Of field, then click Save.
- From the Submissions area, click the dropdown arrow next to the folder title.
By default, a new submission folder is visible and active to students. You can control access by setting start and end dates its through the Restrictions settings or by hiding the folder entirely. See the Managing Submissions Access
guide for more information.