By default, D2L does not automatically display final grades to students; they only see their scores on individual assignments, not their cumulative grade for the course. At the end of the term, you can opt to release the final grade so that students can view it.
- Go to the Grades area in your course site.
- Select the dropdown arrow next to the Final Calculated Grade column title, then select Grade All. The Final Grades page will open.
- Transfer students' scores from the final calculated grades to the final adjusted grades column:
Release the final grades to students by clicking the dropdown arrow next to the Final Grades page heading, then selecting Release All. A confirmation dialog box will open.
- (A) To transfer scores for all students, click the dropdown arrow next to the Final Grades page title, then select Recalculate All. A window with a list of the grade items in your course will open; select the checkbox at the top of the list select all of the grade items, then click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- (B) To transfer scores for individual students, click the green arrow icon in the Final Adjusted Grade column. The scores will transfer from the Final Calculated Grade column to the Final Adjusted Grade column for each student, and you can change the value in the “Grade” field to manually adjust the student's Final Adjusted Grade if necessary.
Click the Yes button at the bottom of the page. The dialog box will close.
Click the Save and Close button at the bottom of the page. Students will now be able to see their final grades in D2L.
After you've released final grades in your course, you might want to email students to let them know that their scores are available. View the Emailing Students via the Classlist guide for more information.