Grade items can exist independently in the grade book, or can be associated with assignments such as Discussions, Quizzes, and Submission folders.
These instructions focus on numeric grade items as they are the most commonly used type of grade items. For help creating other types of grade items, consult with a member of the FITS staff.
Please note that grade items can also be created while modifying or creating new assignments such as Submission folders, Discussion topics, and Quizzes.
- Select Grades in the navigation bar.
- Select Manage Grades [A].
- Select New [B].
- Select Item [C].
- Select Numeric.
- Enter a name.
- Select or create a category (optional). If an existing category is selected, some fields on this page might be automatically filled based on the grade category settings.
- Enter the maximum number of available points in the "Maximum Points" field.
- Enter a value for the weight in the "Weight" field. (This field is only available for weighted grade items.)
- Select Save and Close.
Grade items can be associated with assignments in D2L, such as Quizzes, Submission folders, and Discussion topics. When assignments are associated with grade items, scores are automatically transferred to the Grades area when they are published within the associated assignment.
Grades can also be entered directly in the Grades area; view the Entering Grades guide for more information.