Create one-time or recurring course reminders from within the Calendar tool, and customize settings for other action items so that they display in the Calendar widget.
Create a Calendar Event or Recurrence
- Select the dropdown arrow next to Calendar in the Calendar widget.
- Select Go to Calendar.
- Select the Create Event button.
- Enter the event title in the "Title" field.
- Enter the date and time settings under "When" [B].
NOTE: Select the checkbox next to "All Day" for an event that runs all day.
- To create a recurring calendar event, select Add Recurrences.
- When finished, select the Create button.
Edit a Calendar Event
- Select the event to be edited.
- Select the dropdown arrow next to the event title.
- select Edit Event.
- Select a new date and time for the event.
NOTE: Changes can be applied only to the type of date that was created for that Calendar item in its original tool. For instance, if a quiz was set to have an End Date, only the End Date can be changed in the Calendar tool.
- Select Save to apply the changes to the event date.
For more information on customizing the appearance of the Calendar and other widgets in the Course Homepage, see Managing Widgets. For information on offsetting the dates in a course to adapt to a new term, see Manage Dates .