You can create one-time or recurring course events from within the Calendar and adjust settings for other course content so that it will display within the Calendar as well.
Create New Calendar Events
- From within the Calendar tool, click Create Event. The Create Event page will open.
- Enter a title (required) and description (optional) for the event.
Use the date selectors to input the start and end date and time for the event in the When section, or select All Day.
- If you want to make this a recurring event, click Add Recurrence. A menu with recurrence settings will be displayed; select the appropriate options.
- Click Create. The event(s) will be added to the Calendar.
NOTE: If you want to use the Add Recurrence feature to input your class meetings, select Weekly from the Recurrence drop-down menu, select the checkboxes next to the days your course meets, and enter the last day of class in the Recurrence Ending date selector.
Edit a Calendar Event
- Click the event you want to edit in your Calendar. A page that lists the event’s current details will open.
- Click the dropdown menu next to the event title and select Edit Event.
- Make any desired changes.
- Click Save.
NOTE: If you edit a recurring event, you have the option to change only the selected occurrence, the selected occurrence and future occurences, or all events in the series. Select the appropriate option, then click Update.
Add Dates to the Calendar
Some D2L tools, such as Discussions and Quizzes, give you the option to have their start and end dates added to the Calendar automatically. Other D2L tools, such as Content and Submissions, allow you to set due dates, which are automatically added to the Calendar.
For instructions on how to add dates to these tools, visit their respective pages:
For more information on customizing the appearance of the Calendar and other widgets in your Course Home page, see the Managing Widgets guide. For information on offsetting the dates in a course to adapt to a new quarter, see the Manage Dates guide.