There are several steps to take in setting up a new quiz in D2L: selecting settings for the quiz, adding questions to it, then activating the quiz.
As a best practice, we recommend that you create your quiz questions in the Question Library, then import them to your quiz. Then you can have D2L automatically list your quiz questions in a random order or even randomly add a subset of questions to your quiz. See both the Using the Question Library and Randomizing Quizzes guides for more information.
Create a Quiz
- Click More on the course navigation bar, then select Quizzes. The Manage Quizzes page will open.
- Click the blue New Quiz button at the top of the page. A page that displays all of the new quiz's settings options will open to the Properties tab.
- Enter a name for your quiz in the Name textbox. This step must be completed before any other settings can be changed.
- Click the gray Add/Edit Questions button. A new page that lists all your Quiz’s questions will open.
- Add questions to your quiz:
Click the gray Done Editing Questions button on the top-right side of the page when you're done adding questions to your Quiz. The “Edit Quiz” page will be displayed again.
Click Save and Close when you are done setting up your quiz; this might include completing some of the optional steps listed in the next section
- (A) Click New to see a dropdown menu of available question types or to create sections for your quiz questions. (Visit the D2L Resource Center to see descriptions of the different questions types available for quizzes.)
- (B) Click to gray Import button to add questions from the Question Library to your quiz. (See the Randomizing Quizzes guide for more information.)
Activate a Quiz
By default, a new quiz's status is set to "inactive" in D2L, and it isn't visible to students. You will need to change its status to "active" before students can take it.
- Click the name of the quiz.
- Click the Restrictions tab at the top of the page.
- Click the drop-down arrow on the Status menu, then select Active.
- Click Save and Close at the bottom of the page. The quiz is now active, and you'll be returned to the Manage Quizzes page.
You can set start and end dates for your quiz and access many additional options through the quiz's Restrictions and Assessment settings. See the Changing Quiz Settings guide for more information.