You can give one or more students special access to your quiz, i.e., a longer time limit or a unique start and/or end date.
- Go to the Quizzes area in your course site.
- Click the name of the Quiz to which you'll be giving special access.
- Click the Restrictions tab at the top of the page.
- Make sure the "Allow selected users special access to this quiz" button is selected (this is the default option.)
- Click the Add Users to Special Access button at the bottom of the page.
- Set the special access that you want to grant:
Check the box next to the name of the student(s) who will have special access to the quiz.
- To allow individual students earlier access to the quiz, select "Has Start Date." Then, change the start date.
- To allow individual students later access to the Quiz, select "Has End Date." Then, change the end date.
- To allow individual students more time to take a quiz, check the box next to "Recommend time limit" or "Enforced time limit," and enter a number in the “minute(s)” field.
- To allow individual students a different number of attempts in the quiz, check the box next to "Override attempts allow" and choose a number from the dropdown menu below. Then click "Apply."
Click the Add Special Access button at the bottom of the screen. You'll return to the Edit Quiz page.
Click the Save and Close button at the bottom of the page.
After the student has taken the quiz, you'll want to make sure their quiz attempt is graded. Visit the Grading Quizzes guide for more information.