Modules are used to organize your course’s content, like folders on your computer or chapters within a book. You can set up modules by time frame (e.g., Week 1), by topic (e.g., Cellular Biology), or by course components (e.g., Final Project).
All of your course's content is added into a module—you must create one before you can add files, links, or other items to your Content area.
Add a Module
- Click the Add a module… box at the bottom of the content map, which appears on the left-hand side of your content area. It will become a text box.
- Enter a name for the new module in the text box.
- Hit return or enter on your keyboard. The module's name will now appear in content map on the left side of the page, and the new module will display on the right side of the page.
Add a Submodule
Submodules are optional and allow further organization of your content. You add them in to a module that you have already created.
- Go to the module in which you would like to create a submodule.
- Click the Add a submodule… box at the bottom of the page to open a text box that will allow you to add a title for the submodule.
- Enter a name for the submodule.
- Hit enter or return on your keyboard. A box for the submodule will appear below the other content in the module.
Once you've created a module, you can begin adding files and links to it. View the Uploading Files
and Creating Links
guides for instructions.