Setting Up Exemptions
When a user is exempted from an item in Content, the exempted topic title appears with an exempted flag, the due date is not shown, the completion method indicator is removed, and the count of required topics and module completion percentage excludes exempted topics. Exempted activities are not due, and therefore not overdue, and do not appear in the "Full Schedule" and "Upcoming" sections of the Course Schedule or in the Calendar widget. Exemptions can only be set on the following Content topic types: file topics, LTI links, Checklists, Submissions, Discussions, Quizzes, Surveys, and Self-Assessments.
- Select the module in Content.
- Select the dropdown arrow next to the Content topic title.
- A dropdown menu will open. Select Edit Properties In-place.
- Configuration options will open. In "Exemptions," select Manage Exemptions.
- Search for and select checkboxes for the appropriate users.
- Select Exempt.
- Select X to exit the page.
- Select Update to save the restrictions.