The Self Assessments tool allows you to create ungraded sets of quiz questions for students to use to gauge their knowledge. It also allows students to see instructor-created feedback to their answers instantaneously. Self Assessments are most effective when they are linked in the Content section of your course immediately after the material students are being quizzed on.
To create a self-assessment, you'll first need to select settings for it, then add questions to it.
Creating Self Assessments
- Click More in the navigation bar, then select Self Assessment from the dropdown menu. The Manage Self Assessments page will open.
- Click New Self Assessment at the top of the page.
- Enter a name for the Self Assessment in the Name field.
- Select Allow Hints if you want question-specific hints to be available to students during the assessment. These will only display if the student clicks View Hint while taking the self assessment.
- Click Save.
Creating Assessment Questions
- Click Add/Edit Questions at the top of the page.
- Click New to see a dropdown menu of available question types, as well as the options for creating sections to organize your questions. (Visit the D2L Resource Center to see descriptions of the different question types.)
- Click the gray Import button to add questions from the Question Library to your assessment.
- Click the gray Done Editing Questions button on the top-right side of the page when you're done adding questions to your assessment. The Edit Assessment page will be displayed again.
- When you are done setting Self Assessment options, click Save.
You can link to your new Self Assessment from the Content area of the course page. View our Creating Links to Other Course Tools guide for more information.