Editing Panopto Videos
Panopto offers basic video editing features which personalize the video, including trimming and cutting, and splicing in clips. For up-to-date details on all the editing available, and step-by-step instructions, see the Panopto Website.
Start the Panopto Video Editor
- Select Edit Course from the course navigation bar.
- From the dropdown menu select Panopto.
- Panopto will open in a new window. If the video is not located in the present folder, navigate to the video by selecting Browse.
- Hover over the video that needs editing and select Edit.
- This will open the video editor.
Editing the Video in Panopto
In the Panopto video editor there is a preview window and a timeline which contains the video clips and corresponding audio.
Trim a Video
- Play the video from the beginning and pause it right before where the cut should start.
- Select the cut tool.
- A dark gray line will appear at the beginning and end of the timeline.
- Select and drag the gray line to trim out the section of the video.
- The gray line will snap into position with the red one. This will allow for more precision with cuts.
- When done editing, select Apply.
NOTE: See Panopto documentation for more detailed instructions and images as well as other documentation on Panopto editing features such as splicing in other video clips, adding a Table of Contents, and editing the video name.