If you'd like to display a Panopto video with other content, like text, images, or links, you can embed it using D2L's HTML Editor. These instructions focus on embedding Panopto videos in a page in the Content area, but you can also add them to news items and descriptions for submission folders, quizzes, and discussion topics and forums.
- Click Content in the course navigation bar.
- Click the New button, then select Create a File from the dropdown menu. A new page will be created in your course site, and the HTML editor will be displayed.
- Enter a title for the new page.
- Add any text you want appear with the video in the large text box.
- Click the Insert Stuff icon. It's the very first link on the left in the text editor menu. A pop-up menu with options for adding different types of media will open.
- Choose the Panopto Insert Stuff option in the menu on the left side of the window. A pop-up window that shows your Panopto account will open.
- Find your video:
Click the Insert button at the bottom-right corner of the window. If you don’t see it, you might need to expand the window by pulling on its lower right corner.
- (A) If you haven't uploaded the video yet, click the Upload tab, then locate the video you want to add.
- (B) If you previously uploaded the video, simply select it from your list of videos in the Choose tab, which is displayed by default.