At the beginning of the quarter, you must manually activate your course site for students to be able to access it, otherwise it will not be displayed in their list of courses in D2L at all. All courses are initially set to "inactive" status so that students cannot access the course site before you have finished setting it up.
The activation settings for your course site are located on a page called "Course Offering Information." There are links to this page in two different places in D2L: 1) the list of courses on your D2L home page, and 2) through the course site's main menu.
Activate Course from D2L Home Page
- Hover over the course banner image on the D2L home page and locate the ellipsis.
- Select Course Offering Information from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to the checkbox for Course Is Active and select the checkbox.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page. The course is now activated, and students will see it listed when they log in to D2L.
Activate Course from within the Course Site
- Go to the D2L course site that needs to be activated.
- Select Edit Course from the course navigation bar.
- Select Course Administration from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Course Offering Information link.
- Scroll down to the section "Active", and select the checkbox by "Course is Active".
- Select the Save button to save changes. The course is now activated, and students will see it listed when they log in to D2L.
NOTE: By default the Course Administration page is opened in Category view. This is set with the Category tab, which is near the top of the Course Administration page. To change the view to list all contents alphabetically, select the Name tab instead.