At the beginning of the quarter, you must manually activate your course site for students to be able to access it, otherwise it will not be displayed in their list of courses in D2L at all. All courses are initially set to "inactive" status so that students cannot access the course site before you have finished setting it up.
The activation settings for your course site are located on a page called "Course Offering Information." There are links to this page in two different places in D2L: the list of courses on your D2L home page and through the course site's Edit Course link, which is listed in the navigation bar.
Activate your Course from your D2L Home Page
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the course's title on your D2L home page. The Course Offering Information page will open.
- Select the Course is Active check box, which appears on the lower half of the page.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page. Your course is now activated, and students will see it listed when they log in to D2L.
Activate your Course from within your D2L Course Site
- Go to the D2L course site you want to activate.
- Click Edit Course on the right side of the navigation bar. The Course Administration page will open.
- Click the Course Offering Information link. The Course Offering Information page will open (see note).
- Complete steps 2 and 3 above.
NOTE: There are buttons near the top-left side of the Course Administration page that let you sort the links on it by name or by category; if your Course Administration page is sorted by category, the Course Offering Information link will appear in the Site Setup section.