The profile tool allows you to upload a picture and provide information about yourself that your students can access through the Classlist. If you upload a picture, students will be able to see it both in the Classlist and next to all your posts in Discussions. Students can access your full profile by clicking your picture in the Classlist, and you can click your students' pictures to view their profiles.
How to Access Your Profile
On the Desire2Learn homepage, click Profile in the My Settings widget.
Editing Your Profile
The profile tool allows you to provide a variety of information, but many of the fields are more appropriate for students. It is recommended that you at least fill in your contact information and add a picture.
Set up your Profile
- Click your name in the top minibar. A drop-down menu will open.
- Click Profile.
- Enter as much or as little information as you want in the textboxes.
NOTE: There is no dedicated field for listing office hours, but you can list your office location in the Address 1 field and your office hours in the Address 2 field.
Add a Profile Picture
- Click Change Picture.
- Click Upload. The Select a Profile Photo window will open.
- Select the file for the photo you want to use. Accepted file types include: .jpg; .jpeg; .gif; .bmp; .png; .ico; .mac; .pic; .pict; .pnt; .pntg; .tif; and .tiff.
- Click Open.
- Click Add. You will return to the Edit my User Profile page,and the photo you added will now appear.
Save your Profile
- Click Save and Close at the bottom of the screen when you have finished entering information into your profile.