The Profile tool allows you to upload a picture and provide a variety of information about yourself that your students can access through the Classlist. It is recommended that you at least fill in your contact information and add a picture.
If you upload a picture, students will be able to see it both in the Classlist and next to all your posts in Discussions. Students can access your full profile by selecting your picture in the Classlist, and you can select your students' pictures to view their profiles.
Create a Profile
- Select your name or image thumbnail/initials icon [A] in the minibar.
- Select Profile [B].
- Enter as much or as little information in the text boxes.
NOTE: There is no dedicated field for listing office hours, but you can list your office location in the Address 1 field and your office hours in the Address 2 field.
- To add a picture:
- Select the Change Picture button.
- Select Upload.
- Navigate to the saved image and select it. Accepted file types include: .jpg; .jpeg; .gif; .bmp; .png; .ico; .mac; .pic; .pict; .pnt; .pntg; .tif; and .tiff
- Select Open.
- Select Add.
NOTE: If you do not upload a user profile image, the navbar will display your initials in the user-profile badge. This change occurs for all roles and displays in the navbar and Activity Feed. Previously, if a profile image was not uploaded, a blank user image displayed.
- Select Save and Close when finished entering information into your profile.