ARES is the system that the DePaul University Library uses to manage e-reserves for courses. ARES is managed by the library, and full information for using the system can be found in ARES Course Reserves for Faculty guide.
Adding an ARES link to D2L provides students with easier access to the e-reserves for the course. This link can also be used by the instructor for quick access to requesting and adding reserve materials.
While this guide focuses on adding an ARES link as a topic in the course's Content area, the link can be added to any text box by following steps 3-5. See HTML Editor
for more information.
- Select Content on your course navigation bar.
- Select the module in which a link to ARES is to be added (or create a new module if needed.)
- Select Add Existing Activities button [A]
- Select External Learning Tools from the dropdown menu [B]. The Add Activity window will open.
- Select E-Reserves. The window will close, and the E-Reserves link will appear as a topic in the module.
- Select the E-Reserves link. The E-Reserves page will open within the D2L course site.
- Select the appropriate term for the course in the Choose a semester dropdown menu.
- Select Create Course button. The course's e-reserves account will now be active, and materials can be added to it. (See the ARES Course Reserves for Faculty guide for more information.)